Seating plans and escort cards
- The table plan pictured here uses a world map with each table named after a particular F1 circuit.
- This Formula 1 themed wedding seating plan uses F1 cars for each table, with the top table represented by the starting grid.
- Or how about this seating plan with a printed on a backdrop of an F1 race, with table named after teams – the top table is McLaren – complete with photos of the cars.
- This sports car themed seating plan uses the couple’s colour – aqua blue – as a backdrop to numbered tables represented by different sports cars.
Table names and numbers
Sports car racing has a wealth of great ideas for table names – for example:
- Famous drivers past and present. For example, Schumacher, Alonso, Senna and Hamilton. Here is a complete list of F1 Grand Prix winners.
- Racing circuits – this is a great example. Using a black and white chequered background, each table is named after a different country’s most famous track, complete with circuit diagrams and track details for each table.
- Use famous logos from your favourite sports cars.
Table décor and favours
- Winner’s trophies centrepieces, with the couple’s name and wedding date engraved, would be fantastic talking points.
- Black and white chequered tablecloths or runners, with red and silver accent colours, emphasise a Grand Prix theme perfectly.
- Place names written on matchbox toy Ferraris or Lamborghinis would double up as great favours for guests.
- If you are having floral centrepieces, add a few dinky toy racing cars to complement the theme.
Formula 1 themed favours could include:
- F1 racing car keyrings.
- Mini champagne bottles – chocolate, bubbles or even the real thing!
- Winners trophy favours.
Other ideasYou could incorporate your F1 theme into the entertainment for the evening too:
- Collect a few Wii or similar games consoles and buy or borrow some racing games for guests to enjoy.
- Organise a huge Scalextric track and cars for guests to play.
- Hire a racing car simulator machines for guests to race the night away!
Reflect your theme in your choice of venue – there are lots of racing circuits across the UK that host wedding receptions. For example, Goodwood in Sussex offers a stunning wedding venue for motor sport lovers. If you really want to push the boat out, you could incorporate a track experience or luxury sports car ride for guests as part of the special day.
Remember to have a look at our F1 themed Pinterest board for even more ideas.