Aquamarine is a bluish-green tint of turquoise blue, named after the gemstone aquamarine found in granite rocks. Dream of warm white sand and bright blue seas, or colourful fish darting in a deep blue coral ocean and you’ll see why it is such a beautiful colour choice for your seating plan.
Seating plans and escort cardsthese shabby chic picture frames would create a unique and stylish wedding seating plan. If you enjoy a bit of craft and DIY, you can create your own frames and learn to write calligraphy to write the table lists to place in the frames.
Beach themed seating plans are ideal for an aquamarine theme, using turquoise sea-blue miniature paper parasols, mini stripy blue deck chairs or even turquoise flip flops as escort card displays!
These beautiful die-cut peacock escort cards can be placed on wine glasses and champagne flutes, or in an escort card display of your own design.
Alternative ideas include:
- Placing your escort cards on a bed of sparkling blue glass beads, or delicate aquamarine sand;
- Using aquamarine embellishments, such as ribbon, jewels and coloured glass, to add a vibrant splash of colour to a plain white seating plan or escort card display;
- Choosing a selection of shades of aquamarine and using them to create an ombre effect in your escort card display. Your escort cards could range from plain folded tent cards to origami cranes.
Table names and numbersShabby-chic aquamarine ribbons add a delightful finishing touch to these beautiful vintage table numbers. Whatever your table name or number design, simply adding a ribbon or other embellishment will ensure that it coordinates perfectly with your aquamarine colour scheme.
Aquamarine complements a wide variety of colours, giving you a wide variety of choice in your table décor. For example:
- A strong, deep hue of aquamarine coordinates amazingly well with a bright, daffodil yellow to create a vibrant and uplifting colour scheme for your tables;
- A more delicate aquamarine will add a cool touch to a pink and white floral country cottage colour scheme;
- Bold blacks table linen will enable bright aquamarine napkins, runners and chair ribbons to make a stylish and elegant statement;
- An unusual but delightful colour combination is white, peach and gold with aquamarine accents.
Ask your florist for a selection of flowers that reflect your colour scheme, such as agapanthus, blue hydrangea, delphinium and blue hyacinths.
Remember to take a look at our Aquamarine themed Pinterest board, full of great ideas for adding a touch of colour to your wedding seating plan.