Seating plans and escort cards
Use fiery coloured autumn leaves – either hand made or real – to create great escort card displays or seating plans. We looked at how you can make your own escort card tree in a previous article – an autumnal escort card tree would look amazing! Alternatively, use your leaves to create a beautiful seating plan display – this seating plan uses real oak leaves.
- Oak leaves and acorns mounted on rustic hessian have been used to create this stylish escort card display.
- Simply adding some pretty rustic leaves incorporates a printed wedding seating plan into the autumn theme perfectly.
Table names and numbers
If you opt to use table numbers, this pretty autumn leaves table number design not only comes in a range of colours, but also has a set of matching table stationery, such as wine bottle labels, favour boxes, place cards and water bottle labels to name but a few!
Table name ideas could include:
- Trees – horse chestnut, beech, oak, elm and many many more.
- Autumn berries and fruit – blackberries, conkers, sloes, plums, apples, pears, acorns or elderberries.
- Autumn music and poetry – this would take some research, but a couple to start with could be ‘Autumn leaves’ (well known jazz standard by J Kosma), ‘To Autumn’ by William Blake and ‘Ode to Autumn’ by Keates. Here is a list of autumn poems that you could choose from – it would be lovely to write them whole poem, or a short quote under your table name.
With such a lovely colour palette of rich reds, oranges and browns to choose from, your table colour scheme can echo the seasonal theme beautifully. If you have a creative florist, why not ask her if they can create table centrepieces incorporating branches of bright orange and red autumn leaves, interspersed with acorns, nuts, berries and yellow and orange flowers.
Autumnal favours could range from Maple leaf shaped soaps to a favour of your choice wrapped in a pretty autumn themed box.
Either buy or make your own autumn themed bunting. For example, this beautiful, eco-friendly floral bunting has been made from pages from an illustrated book, or if you want to get crafty, read our DIY wedding bunting article which will give you lots of ideas to get you started.
The autumnal theme is a great complement for other popular wedding themes, such as rustic, garden and shabby chic. Remember to look at our Autumnal themed seating plan board on Pinterest for even more inspiration!