We have drawn together a selection of movie inspired ideas to get you started!
Seating plans and escort cards
This seating plan is amazing! The couple have chosen their favourite movies of all time, and have asked a very clever artist to re-create the poster for each film, starring the bride and groom! Not only is it an incredible wedding seating plan, it will make a great framed poster for the couple to remember their happy day.
If you are an eighties fan, then have a look at this ‘Rewind to the 80’s’ VHS movie themed seating plan, featuring classics such as Footloose, Karate Kid and Back to the Future.
Table names and numbersThis theme provides much inspiration for movie themed table names, for example:
- Your favourite movies of all time;
- Characters from your favourite films;
- Films from a particular genre, i.e. romcoms or sci-fi;
- Films from your favourite decade, i.e. current blockbusters, classic 1980s or vintage 1920’s.
If you prefer table numbers, you can still incorporate your theme easily, for example:
- These vintage hollywood table numbers come with a whole range of matching accessories, from wine bottle labels to note cards.
- Using a twenties film reel theme, the table numbers pictured here add a touch of Hollywood style to the table décor.
- These table numbers use the classic black background with an iconic film strip pattern.
If tables are named after movies, or actors, then collect together images of the movie/actor and make a framed collage centrepiece.
The dramatic use of red, white and black together with individual painted glasses, silver stars and a clapperboard table number makes this table décor perfect for a movie themed reception.
- Place your favours in these lovely film quote gift bags.
- Complete the look with these Hollywood ticket style drink tokens.
- Don’t forget to have a closer look at our Blockbuster Movie themed Pinterest board, full of even more ideas for your movie themed wedding seating plan.
- This theme can be complemented by some of our previous articles, for example add some glamour with Hollywood seating plans, some vintage cinematic style with Art Deco or create your own movie clapperboards with a DIY chalkboard.