Seating plans and escort cards
A springtime birds nest and eggs will add a breath of springtime freshness to your wedding tables. You can use them as escort cards, displayed on a decorative table with fresh flowers, or as table place settings with chocolate eggs to double up as a tasty Easter favour.
These Easter rabbit cards would make a great seating plan, either mounted in a matching frame, or as escort cards for your Easter theme. Either learn calligraphy and personalise them yourself, or buy them ready made.Other Easter ideas for your seating plans include:
- Little bouquets of lavender, daffodils, primroses or other spring flowers tied with a pretty ribbon will make beautiful escort cards;
- Get creative, and paint some real or fake eggs to match your colour scheme, place on a bed of springtime moss to create an escort card display;
- Place an Easter egg with the guest’s name in a wine glass at their table;
- For a great DIY escort card display, use one egg box per table with a chocolate egg in each hole. Top the egg with a flag showing each guest’s name, and place a card with the table number in the lid of the egg box.
Table names and numbers
Ideas for table names could include:
- Your favourite brands of Easter egg;
- Springtime flowers – daffodils, primroses, daisies etc;
- Add a touch of humour and name your tables after different ways of preparing eggs – Benedict, florentine, boiled, scrambled… which table will be the omelette?!
- Easter represents life beginning again, so names of baby animals would be perfect – lamb, chick, foal, cygnet, duckling, and kittens.
- Yellow and white are great colours for a springtime Easter feel to your table décor. Alternatively, opt for a springtime pastel colour scheme.
- Find some fresh daffodils, or primrose plants as refreshingly simple table centrepieces.
- Dot small wicker baskets filled with mini eggs around the tables.
- Organise an Easter egg hunt, either for the children or just for everyone who is feeling young at heart!
- Place bowls of miniature eggs around your venue for people to snack on – this will go down well with the children!
- Again, great for children but fun for everyone, set up an area where guests can paint their own Easter eggs as a lasting memory of your day.
- This theme links in well with many of our past articles – for example, springtime and rustic wedding seating plans.
- Don’t forget to check out our dedicated Pinterest board for lots more creative and inspiring ideas for your Easter wedding seating plan!