Seating plans and escort cards
Whatever team you support, you can create a personalised seating plan using a green football pitch backdrop, with player’s shirts for each table. Here is a Chelsea themed version, and a Liverpool FC one.
These stylish seating plan cards could be used for a table plan or escort cards, and can be made up in your team’s colours.
If you are considering a World Cup theme, why not use a World Cup wall chart as a seating plan, with tables named after each competition group, and the countries/teams in that group being the guests.
A bed of real grass makes these football escort cards really stand out!
Can’t decide on whether to have a football theme or not? Do what this couple did, and give the Groom’s guests table names after famous football players, and the Bride’s guests tables named after famous designer brands!
Table names and numbersIdeas for your table names or numbers include:
- Famous footballing countries from around the world;
- Players from your favourite team – past and present. Remember to name your top table the Manager’s table!
- Numbers – shirt numbers of your favourite players;
- Famous stadiums;
- Players from your local team.
- If your tables are named after countries or teams, then flags would make a great choice of place cards or table decoration.
- Alternatively, use yellow and red cards as table name cards and/or place cards.
- Have a miniature football and permanent markers at each table (or a large football on a table at the entrance) for guests to write their best wishes.
- Ask your florist to make the floral arrangements in a football boot instead of a vase!
- Favours could range from bags of miniature chocolate footballs to personalised football mugs with the team of your choice.
- Have a table football, Subbuteo or, if you have an outside area, a real football to keep guests entertained during the evening.
- Choose some football themed props – red/yellow cards, football team shirts, blow up footballs etc – for your photobooth to snap some fun filled football themed memories of your evening. Ask your photographer to take a ‘team shot’ style wedding photograph.
- Place a quiz card on each table, with quiz questions about famous footballers and games.
- Remember to have a look at our Football themed Pinterest board for even more great ideas!