Seating plans and escort cards
Striking geometric gold designs on a black background typify the striking colour choices of the Art Deco period. Perfect for a Great Gatsby, Downton Abbey or roaring 20’s themed wedding, this art deco styled table plan is one of many wedding stationery products in this bold design. You can read more about Art Deco seating plans in our earlier blog, and a roaring 20’s themed wedding here.
The seating plan pictured here incorporates gold in a beautiful leaf design that would complement a woodland, autumn or garden wedding theme. Mounted in a frame of your choice, it would be a fantastic addition to your reception décor.
Other ideas for your seating plan and escort cards include:
- Create an opulent DIY seating plan by spraying small ornate vintage frames with a gold paint. Place the table plans inside the small frames, and mount on a large, gold painted ornate frame.
- Write your seating plan in gold pen on a contrasting black chalkboard, or in gold glass paint on a mirror in a frame. Our earlier articles will show you how to make your own chalkboard and mirror seating plans.
- Pin escort cards into golden Ferrero Rocher chocolates and place on a gold plated tray at the reception entrance.
- Spray autumn fir cones with gold paint, and use as escort card holders. This would be a delightful touch for an autumn wedding with a golden colour scheme. Read more about how you can create an autumnal wedding theme here.
Table names and numbersThese pretty gold wire table numbers would complement a simple vintage or rustic wedding theme.
Alternatively, use gold spray paint, or acrylic gold paint, to paint some 3D decoupage numbers, available from craft shops or online. Add accents of gold glitter, and you will have a fantastic set of stylish gold table numbers.
Pair a soft gold hue with pink blush for a gentle vintage colour scheme. Add fresh pink summer flowers and a touch of hessian to higlight the country garden feel of the design.
A bright golden table runner, candlestick holders and placemats contrast richly with a starched white tablecloth and deep red floral centrepieces, creating a regal gold colour scheme fit for royalty!
Other colours that work well with gold include:
- Navy blue with gold accents
- Vibrant turquoise, white and gold
- Shimmering emerald green and gold
- Dusty peach, cream and gold
- Opulent deep purple and gold
- Arabian nights themed bright orange, fuchsia pink, red and gold.
Remember to look at our Gold seating plan themed Pinterest board, for a wide selection of ideas for your golden wedding seating plan.