Anyone who has visited Provence in the summer, or wandered through an English country garden in the spring, will likely have come across this delightfully fragrant and pretty plant. Lavender varies from country cottage charm to rustic French elegance, great for your wedding seating plan!
Wedding seating plans and escort cards
Lavender and white coordinate perfectly to create a vintage effect for the printed wedding seating plan shown here. With intricate printed lacework patterns and pretty cursive fonts, it would make an elegant addition to a vintage lavender wedding reception.
There are many DIY lavender seating plan and escort card ideas. For example:
- Create simple tented escort cards, and place on a home made bed of moss, interspersed with sprigs of fragrant lavender;
- Write names and table numbers on luggage tags, and use hessian string to tie them to simple small lavender bouquets, creating an escort card display full of rustic charm;
- Paint a selection of ornate picture frames in dusky lavender, place the table names and guest lists in each one, and hang on the wall for a quirky display;
- Use gardener’s labels to write guest’s names on, and plant up one pot of lavender for each table. Make a large chalkboard sign to place on each pot, and place guest’s names in the soil around the lavender plants. After the wedding, the bride and groom can take the lavender plants and grow them at home, for an everlasting memory of their special day.
Making or buying miniature lavender bouquets, such as these, would be a great way to add colour and gentle fragrance to your seating plan. They can be used in a multitude of ways, from adding to escort cards, decorating seating plan displays, tying to napkins or making simple favours.
Table names and numbersWho would have known it, but there are over a dozen different recognised shades of lavender, from Lavender blue and English lavender, to Amythest and Twilight lavender. What a perfect selection of beautiful names for tables!
Using a simple lavender motif for all of your reception stationery, from table numbers and menus to escort cards will mean that your lavender theme is consistent throughout your wedding reception. For example, the wedding decoration set shown here would coordinate well with a rustic or garden wedding theme, bringing lavender into to all of your stationery.
Lavender colour combinations, great for table décor, include:
- Sophisticated and cool – lavender with white, grey and silver accents;
- Bright and bold – blue lavender with bright pinks and blues;
- Rustic and earthy – creams, deep browns and lavender;
- Sunny Caribbean colours – turquoise, pink and lavender.
Lavender, lilac and purple coloured flowers for your table centrepiece include cornflowers, crocuses, Purple Lisianthus, Purple Liatris and hyacinths.
Remember to take a look at our lavender themed Pinterest board for many more ideas for your seating plans and escort cards.