Seating plans and escort cards
Whatever your design of seating plan, it will lend itself to the addition of a collection of fluttering butterflies. A few delightful springtime butterfly seating plan examples that we have found include:
- This seating plan uses bright and cheerful coloured butterflies
- This vintage style butterfly seating plan is perfect for an English country garden theme. If you prefer escort cards, this butterfly garden design would be perfect
- British butterflies feature in the lovely handcrafted seating plan shown above
- These hessian butterfly escort cards are great for a rustic or countryside theme
- These elegant origami butterflies threaded on cotton, interspersed with seating plans create a stunning hanging table plan
- Using a vintage frame and seating plans mounted on stretched ribbon, this seating plan is both imaginative and elegant
- Romance abounds in this lovely ‘summer love’ butterfly table plan!
You could make your own butterflies using die cutters or butterfly stamps and paper coordinated with your colour scheme, or simply buy them ready made from somewhere such as a local craft shop, Amazon or Etsy.
Table names and numbersA butterfly theme would lend itself to any table names and numbers that you already have in mind. If you would like to use butterfly themed table names, some ideas could include:
- Names of British butterflies
- Dragonflies, minibeasts or bug names
- Symbolism of butterflies from different world cultures – from metamorphosis into a new life to a representation of love, the butterfly represents many different things throughout the world
- The translation of ‘butterfly’ in world languages.
This fluttering butterfly perched on a wine glass makes a lovely place card. A circular vase wrapped with butterflies on cord or ribbon makes a stunning centrepiece, and butterfly table confetti makes a great addition to your decorations.
Make, or buy, a selection of butterfly friendly flower seeds as a favour. Flowers that attract butterflies include Lavender, Aster, violets and hyacinth – bulbs and seeds can be packaged in an attractive box decorated with butterfly motifs so that your guests will remember your special day every time they see their flower garden at home.
For more ideas about incorporating your butterfly theme throughout your wedding reception, the short video below has some lovely ideas.
Love is like a butterfly: It goes where it pleases and it pleases wherever it goes. (Anon)