A Star Wars wedding seating plan will add a touch of ‘geek chic’ to your wedding reception. We have researched everything from real life Star Wars weddings to inspiring Star Wars craft ideas on Pinterest to bring you the best ideas for a Star Wars themed wedding.
This fantastic seating plan shown on the right here uses the planets from the Star Wars galaxy as table names.
Escort cards are a great alternative to a wedding seating plan, and can be adapted to incorporate your theme very easily. Here are some escort cards based on Star Wars characters and these Star Wars themed escort cards also include the guests’ favours.
If you enjoy a little bit of crafty DIY, you can make centrepieces by placing Star Wars figures (maybe re-enacting key moments from the films) into glass jars, sealing and decorating them. Challenge each table to identify the correct scene and the correct film! Here is a great example to get you started.
This incredible Death Star inspired sphere also makes an eye catching table centrepiece. These glowing lightsabre inspired centrepieces would stand out when the lights are dimmed – you could create a similar effect yourself by using glow sticks intertwined with glass beads in a tall vase.
Have a look around to find etched glassware with Star Wars logos on it. Personalised glassware featuring the Star wars logo, the name of the Bride and Groom and wedding date would be memorable favours for the guests. This pair of ‘I love you’ – ‘I know’ plates would be perfect for the bride and groom’s table setting!
Send your guests home with a little bit of Star Wars with a themed favour. For example, Star Wars cufflinks or Yoda sweeties would be great themed gifts. If you have something in mind as a favour that doesn’t fit your Star Wars theme, simply use Star Wars themed gift tags or wrapping to coordinate your favours.
- Ask your reception venue if they are able to dim the lights and project images of far away galaxies on the walls. Hire smoke machines to send smoke billowing across the dance floor while the sounds of the Star Wars theme tune announce the bride and groom’s first dance…
- Get people talking by inviting a couple of extra guests! Wearing movie accurate replica costumes, Darth Vader or a Stormtrooper can be present at your wedding from just £95! See www.christinajaneevents.co.uk. Perhaps Darth Vader could give a speech – “No, I am your father…”
- A trunk full of Star Wars character costumes (in adult and children’s sizes!) will create some hilarious photo opportunities.
- If you are having a buffet, don’t pass up the chance to get a little bit of Star Wars humour in. This brilliant Star Wars buffet table includes delights such as ‘Han burgers’, ‘Yoda Soda’ and ‘Wookie Cookies’ – to name but a few.
- Drop in a few Star Wars inspired romantic quotes:
- ‘You’re the Obi-Wan for me’
- ‘I love you. I know’
- ‘May the force be with your wedding’
- ‘This will be a day long remembered’
In the words of Yoda, a Star Wars themed wedding choose, you will.
If you like this idea, you may also be interested in our recent post on a Lego themed wedding!