DJ Or Band For A Wedding?
When it comes to evening entertainment it can be hard to decide whether to go for a band or a DJ at your wedding. Your decision will depend on the type of guests you're inviting, the size of your venue and the feel you want to create. We've put together some pros and cons to help you decide which would be better for your wedding.
- Often cheaper.
- Hard to get a very bad one (risks are bad music choice or one who talks too much rather than musical ineptitude).
- Can play a mixture of types of music.
- Requests can generally be accommodated.
- Can be given a playlist if needed.
- Might come with venue which makes life easy.
- Can be better than a DJ in terms of atmosphere and wow factor.
- Different feel to a disco/DJ - can be a jazz trio in the corner or a full band.
- Can be too loud if drums involved at small venue.
- Requests are less likely to be possible.
- Can be hard to find decent quality without high cost.
- More set up needed - time and area.
- Can be a real feature - e.g. for a Ceilidh (Scottish dancing).
- More people involved who might all need feeding.
- Often just one genre of music.
Or have both! A third option is to have a band earlier on in the evening followed by a disco.