board on Pinterest, where you’ll find even more ideas and inspiration!Winter is a great time to have a wedding, and can provide lots of inspiration for your seating plan, table names and reception décor. We’ve gathered together a few ideas for you to create your very own winter wonderland seating plan – don’t forget to look at our
Seating plans and escort cards
- The ‘snowflake and lace’ seating plan shown to the right could also be adapted to fit any colour scheme.
- Make your own escort card tree and spray it with white sparkly paint, or with pretend snow. Decorate it with sparkling crystal decorations, which would always double up as favours. An amazing escort card winter tree centrepiece that will amaze the guests!
- For winter sports fans, incorporate your favourite winter event into your seating plan. This couple are obviously snowboarding fanatics!
- If you are using a specific colour scheme, you can still incorporate simple images into your escort cards or seating plan. For example, this seating plan uses a pretty snowflake design and comes in a variety of colours.
- As the winter evening draws in, make the most of the gathering dusk to arrange a beautiful escort card lantern display.
Table names and numbers
- Choose a seasonal word or phrase, such as ‘snowflake’ or ‘winter wonderland’ and use each letter as a table name.
- Glitter isn’t just for children’s arts and crafts – used carefully it can actually create some stunning glittering winter snow effects. For example, a similar effect to these glitter covered table numbers could be made from decoupage numbers, lots of PVA glue and a tub of glitter. Or, paint simple canvases to match your colour scheme, use a stencil to make a glue number and cover in glitter.
Other table names could include:
- Your favourite seasonal songs, or Christmas carols.
- Seasonal birds – robins, snowy owl or turtle dove.
- Seasonal plants – mistletoe, holly, snowdrops.
- Choose from the many different Eskimo words for ‘snow’!
- Table scatter crystals would add a touch of wintry sparkle to your evening décor.
- Use personalised baubles as place name cards at tables, which will double up brilliantly as personalised favours for your guests.
- These pretty snowflake wire place card holders would complement any colour scheme.
- Cut glass, white tablecloths and warm candles, with centrepieces of sprigs of baby’s breath in white vases would set the wintry scene perfectly.
- Something we did at our own wedding – hire a snow machine! (Always check with your venue first though).
- If your wedding is near Christmas, find a local choir to come and mingle with the guests, singing carols during the meal and reception.
- Set up a photobooth styled as a Winter Wonderland, complete with woolly hats, scarves and fake snowballs!