Did you love fairy tales as a child? Full of romantic princes and princesses, love’s first kiss and happily every afters, fairy tales embody the perfect sentiment for your wedding seating plan. We take a look at how you can incorporate a little fairy tale magic into your seating plan and table décor, from subtle magical touches to horse drawn carriages, castles and ball gowns. Dreams really can come true!
Seating plans and escort cards
- Glittering magical apples are used as to tell guests where they are sitting in this magical escort card display.
- For a more subtle fairy tale touch, this wedding seating plan is elegantly designed, and mounted on floral paper printed with ‘they lived happily every after’.
- A fairy tale theme works perfectly with many other themes we have looked at. For example, use a vintage frame or mirror as your fairy tale seating plan, or add fairy tale elements to a shabby chic seating plan.
- Miniature pumpkins are used as escort cards in this quirky seating plan!
Table names and numbers
- Table names can be directly based on fairy tales – choose your favourite fairy tales from Grimms’ Fairy Tales or choose from Disney’s version of the classic tales for inspiration. A fantastic little extra touch would be to place a copy of the story on each table.
- If you are planning to include a sweetheart table, a perfect touch is to name it simply ‘Happily Ever After’.
- Choose classic phrases such as the ‘Stroke of midnight’, ‘Dreams do come true’ and ‘True Love’ as table names. Here is an example, using the story of Cinderella as inspiration.
- The simple table number to the right here has a great pumpkin carriage print.
- Other ideas for table names could be:
- Fairy tale lands – Wonderland, Rivendell, Sherwood Forest or Narnia.
- Fairy tale romances – Cinderella and Prince Charming, Beauty and the Beast, Fiona and Shrek.
- Fairies from a Midsummer Night’s Dream – Titania, Oberon, Puck or Mote.
TopTablePlanner makes seating plan headaches a thing of the past!
Simply drag and drop your guests and tables around the screen and create different layouts to see what works best.
Table placecards and décor
- These personalised Storybook Fairy Tale place cards are beautifully in keeping with a vintage fairytale theme.
- Silver cutlery printed with ‘Happily Ever After’ would make a fabulous finishing touch to any fairy tale wedding table.
- Pumpkin carriage table centrepieces abound – here are two pumpkin themed centrepiece ideas.
- Other centrepiece ideas could be small pillows holding a glass slipper, castle or princess figurines, fairy godmother wands or little green frogs!
Remember to have a look at our fairy tale Pinterest board, full of magical ideas for your enchanted seating plan. May all your wishes come true!