Table plans and escort cards
Yellow coordinates perfectly with so many colours, from slate grey to grass green. It also compliments a wide variety of wedding themes – from Springtime florals to a yellow gingham vintage theme.
This modern, stylish seating plan incorporates the San Francisco skyline and uses a slate grey backdrop, highlighted with a bright yellow accent colour.
A DIY equivalent of this seating plan would be to create your own chalkboard, and write your seating plan on it using chalkboard pens in yellow and white. The addition of a bright painted yellow frame would highlight your accent colour.
If you have already chosen your design of escort cards or seating plan, and want to incorporate them into a yellow colour scheme, the simple addition of a yellow ribbon, flower or sparkling sequin design will instantly tie your design into your colour scheme. For example, these escort cards use the vintage, shabby chic key theme, and are creatively coordinated with a yellow colour scheme with the simple addition of a pretty tied yellow ribbon.
Other ideas for your yellow wedding seating plans and escort cards include:
- Daffodils or sunflowers – real or artificial – to add colour and cheer to your design;
- Yellow and white spiral lollipops, doubling as both escort cards and favours;
- Yellow gingham material stapled across a shabby chic picture frame and used as a backdrop;
- Yellow and white origami pinwheels used either as accents to your escort cards or decoration for your seating plan;
- Bright, cheerful yellow butterfly or flower die-cut shapes add a splash of colour and cheer.
Table names and numbersPrint out table names or numbers in black, on plain white paper. Mount these on a bright yellow card, then again on a stylish grey patterned design of your choice.
Alternatively, look for printable yellow table numbers that suit your chosen wedding theme. For example, the stylish table numbers shown here in yellow and grey can be edited to include your own wording.
Contrast a bright yellow with a cool grey, or coordinate a pastel yellow with pastel pink and lilacs.
Ask your florist for seasonal flowers in your centrepieces:
- Daffodils, crocus, hyacinth, tulips, freesia and iris in the springtime;
- Gladiolus, hydrangea and petunias in the summer;
- Asters and sunflowers in the autumn;
- Pansies, cyclamen and winter jasmine in the winter.
Use coordinating yellow table linen – choose yellow table runner sand napkins to contrast with plain white or grey tablecloths and mats.
Tie ribbons in varying hues of yellow, or a hessian ribbon with an oversized sunflower ornament on to your chairs.
There are a lot of seating plan themes that complement a yellow colour scheme very well. For example, read our previous articles on shabby chic, circus, Spring and Easter. Don’t forget to have a look at our yellow colour scheme Pinterest board, full of bright and cheerful ideas for your wedding seating plans, escort cards and table décor.