Wedding seating plans and escort cards
- This wedding seating plan has been designed using some fantastic vintage circus playing cards, which depict different circus side shows, such as the ‘sitting elephant’ and ‘dancing bear’;
- Encapsulating all the fun of the fair, this seating plan announces ‘Ladies and Gentlemen, children of all ages – please take a seat’. The circus themed art work and text fonts make it a work of art in its own right!
- Make your own circus wedding seating plan by finding, or printing, a vintage ‘Barnham and Bailey’ circus poster inviting guests to the Greatest Show on Earth! Use it as a background for your seating plan;
- Using a mirror as a frame for the wedding seating plan, this great plan uses circus tickets for the design, naming tables after circus events such as the Fortune tellers, mime artists and jugglers. These themes could easily be carried through to the tables, with tarot cards, black mime gloves and juggling balls respectively as table centrepieces.
Table names and numbers
- Name each table after a circus act. For example, trapeze artists, fire jugglers, acrobats… but do think carefully before deciding which table is to be the clowns, bearded ladies or performing monkeys!
- If you choose numbers for your tables, the circus theme provides some amazing themes for the artwork on your table numbers. For example, this pink, white and black table number card is both striking and elegant;
- Search out retro prints for circus themed table names, for example this ‘strong man’ table name;
- These lovely circus tent placecard holders set the scene very well, and these table numbers are printed on vintage circus playing card designs.
- Circus themed favours are easy to buy or make your own using vintage circus greetings cards;
- Colour schemes could include red and white stripes with a rustic ‘big top’ tent twist, or more dainty pastel pinks and blues;
- Bright coloured wedding pinwheels and home made bunting would add to the circus atmosphere.
- Learn to juggle! Its actually not too hard, with a little practice each day for a few days you will be able to keep 3 balls in the air long enough to amaze your guests! Here’s a little tutorial to get you started.
- Buffet food can also be circus related, including a candy floss machine, popcorn in cardboard cartons and outsized lollipops. What huge scope for amazing live entertainment you have with this theme – you could choose anything from a clown act to a fire breather, a magician to a contortionist to wonder and amaze your guests.
- Challenge your guests to try out circus skills – although maybe avoid fire breathing and lion taming! There are lots of easier to master skills, such as poi swinging, stilt walking, pogo jumping, hula hooping, scarf juggling, devil sticks and diabalo.
- Set up a photo booth with a circus banner backdrop for memento photos, and forgo flowers for brightly coloured balloons.
(and here’s how it should be done!)
Beautiful, unique, crazy and surprising – guests will never forget a circus wedding with added pizzaz showing that the bride and groom certainly have that wow factor that it takes to make a happy future together. Remember to have a look at our Pinterest board for many more circus inspired wedding seating plan ideas!