Seating plans and Escort cards
Pretty in pink, the seating plan shown here has hints of the fifties, with polka dots and peonies, giving it a pretty vintage feel.
If you love the floral vintage look, why not have a go at making your own paper flowers. These could be used to add an embellishment to your seating plan or escort card, and as floral centrepieces for your tables.
Wire birdcage designs complement a vintage theme perfectly – below is a lovely example of a wire birdcage mount, with simple brown card and black and white photograph setting the tone perfectly.
To include this theme throughout your reception décor, use a small birdcage as a centrepiece for your tables, or as a table number holder.
If you like the idea of a bit of DIY craft touches, make your own aged paper. Dip paper into cold tea, leave to dry and carefully singe the edges with a flame. If you do this to some modern plain card you have an instant set of vintage escort cards. Add extra touches using calligraphy fonts and vintage brooches or flowers. If you use postcards, you could buy a selection of vintage stamps to add to them, creating a lovely set of vintage postcard escort cards.
Table names and numbers
Using the vintage postcard idea discussed above, these table numbers are perfect for your vintage table theme. These would equally suit a rustic, shabby chic or world map themed seating plan.
Vintage inspired table names could be:
- Models of vintage cars or motorbikes
- Famous people from your chosen era
- Black and white film stars
- Different historical eras, i.e. Victorian, Georgian or Edwardian. Who would be seated at the Stone Age table?
- Scour your local antique or second hand shops for vintage vases, bowls and crockery to use as flower arrangement centrepieces.
- Plant some small plants in some vintage teacups. Herbs, cactus or seasonal flowers like primroses and pansies would work brilliantly.
- Use vintage lace as a table runner and place mats.
- Learn calligraphy to give your wedding stationery an elegant vintage look.
- Set your photo booth up with vintage props such as top hats and parasols, and print your reception photos in monochrome.
- Don’t forget our vintage theme Pinterest board, with lots more wedding seating plans, escort card and table décor ideas.