Perfect as a wedding theme oozing with vintage style, we take a look at how to incorporate 50’s glamour into your wedding table plan.
Seating plans and escort cards
- Using the pop cartoon style and distinctive typeface of the 1950’s, this table plan brings bright, cheerful colours to the reception.
- Perfect for a 1950’s Afternoon Tea party theme, reminiscent of Audrey Hepburn, this pretty bunting seating plan is both retro and stylish.
- Use colourful polka dot backing paper to provide a more subtle 1950’s glamour to the display.
- If you love a DIY challenge, then make your very own jukebox mounting board for your seating plan.
- This lovely retro gingham table plan incorporates fifties style and colour with the pop cartoon images popular at the time.
Table names and numbersTables names could include fifties classics such as:
- Fifites style icons – Audrey Hepburn, Sophia Lauren, Grace Kelly or Elizabeth Taylor.
- Fifties music icons – Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra, Perry Como, Chuck Berry or Little Richard.
- Characters from famous 50’s TV shows – for example, Happy Days has Richie, Fonzie, Potsie, Joanie and Chachi to name but a few!
- 50’s dance crazes – the Bop, the Stroll, Swing, the Madison, Hand Jive, cha cha and Rock’n’Roll.
Whatever you are naming your tables, these fun pop culture retro cartoon table name cards encapsulate fifties style.
Polka dots were definitely in vogue in the 1950’s, so use them whenever you can – from favour boxes to the tablecloth itself. For a real statement look, use a contrasting black and white polka dot with fuschia colour scheme.
These mini jukeboxes would make great table centrepieces! Add an extra touch by sourcing some vintage fifties style ketchup bottles, straw dispenser and mustard pots.
If you can find a source of old vinyl records, then they are the perfect shape for table mats, table name cards or even a unique wedding guest book!
Look for a local Jive, Ceroc or Modern Jive teacher. They will be able to provide a fun, informal and energetic dance class to get your guests jiving the night away to 50’s classics in no time. If there are enough guests who are up for a challenge – learn the hand jive and put on surprise hand jive flash mob for the happy couple!
This theme complements a number of our previous articles, including vintage garden tea parties, suitcase seating plans, DIY bunting, shabby chic and Hollywood themed table plans. Don’t forget to check our dedicated 50’s Hollywood glamour Pinterest board as well.