Seating plans and Escort cards
- On a warm summer’s evening, what better than to use your escort card display as an opportunity to give your guests a refreshing chilled drink? Whatever drink you choose, from mini individual champagne bottles to refreshing cloudy lemonade, your guests will love this tasty way of finding their table!
- Use bright summer flowers as a background for your wedding seating plan. For example, this pretty ‘summer love’ plan or the cheerful ‘bright flowers’ plan shown to the right here.
- Baskets of fresh, ripe and juicy summer fruits can make a delicious fruity escort card display!
Create a village summer fete theme with a vintage style seating plan using village landmarks and streets as table names. String up some home made wedding bunting, and invite your guests to enjoy a coconut shy, candy floss stall or a tombola game.
Read our article on beach themed weddings for lots of additional ideas.
Table names and numbersTable names could be chosen from a range of summery themes, such as:
- Beaches from the UK or around the world
- Summer fruits, such as strawberry, watermelon and blueberries
- Summer flowers, such as buttercups, daisies and poppies
- Favourite summer activities, such as BBQ, tennis or surfing
If you are using table numbers, some ideas to include the summertime theme would be:
- Adding a touch of summer to your tables with these pretty die cut butterfly table numbers
- Bright, cheerful summer flowers create a stunning backdrop for simple table numbers.
There are so many beautiful flowers to choose from during the summer months. If you are using fresh flowers, your florist will be able to create beautiful table centrepieces using seasonal flowers.
This ‘One-minute inspiration: Summer flowers’ video has some lovely, colourful summer flower ideas that you could use for your wedding table centrepieces.
If you want to keep your centrepieces after the event, you could look into artificial floral decorations which can be remarkably realistic.
To the right is a summery sunflower centrepiece that would bring a splash of colour to your tables.
Summer pinwheel table decorations would look great on the table and, later, in the reception photos!
Tables could be dressed in a variety of summer styles – from white tablecloths with hessian runners for a rustic style, to red and white checked cloths for a summer garden wedding.
- Fans make great favours for warm summer evenings
- Be inspired by some of our previous articles which could complement this summer theme – such as beach weddings, garden weddings, homemade bunting, butterflies and tea parties
- Discover more ideas on our ‘Summertime Wedding Seating Plans’ Pinterest board.